1 package of flour tortillas (whole wheat is preferred)
2 cans of black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 chopped tomato
1-2 small can green chilies
1 onion (diced)
1 small bag of Cheese (shredded)
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 15-20mins
Serving: 5 people
1 1/2 cups quinoa
2 1/2 cups water
*season to your liking with salt, pepper, cumin etc. (whatever is available to you)
1.Rinse & Drain quinoa (if in bulk) Boxed will not need this step
2.Combine quinoa and water, and diced onion in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 15 mins or until all water has been absorbed.
4. For the last 5 mins, add your beans, (that have been rinsed and drained) and tomatos
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 mins covered.
6. Remove lid, fluff with a fork
7. Season to families liking